DICE alumna Anita Diederichsen on why she chose Kent

“I chose Kent because of the reputation of the Durrell Institute of Conservation and Ecology and the Taught Masters’ degree they offer,” testifies Brazilian scholar Anita Toledo Barros Diederichsen, who studied at DICE in 2016-17 after receiving a prestigious Chevening scholarship, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations. “I have learned a lot and had the chance to truly expand my area of knowledge and comfort zone.

“I also enjoyed the international community of the university and built long-standing friendships with students from very interesting backgrounds.”

The University of Kent has a long-standing relationship with Chevening, which has successfully placed scholars at the university for many years. In 2016-17, 13 Chevening Scholars studied at Kent, six of whom chose the School of Anthropology and Conservation: in 2017-18, nine Chevening Scholars studied at Kent, four of whom chose programmes offered by the School. Kent celebrates and welcomes its Chevening Scholars, inviting them to VIP events such as lunch with the Vice-Chancellor, visits to meet Canterbury city’s mayor and trips to local attractions.

Find out more about studying at Kent with Chevening here.