DICE Alumni Receives Prestigious Award

Nick Marx (MSc Biological Conservation, 2002 graduate) has been awarded the Royal Order of Sahametrei by the Royal Governement of Cambodia.

Nick, Wildlife Alliance’s Director of Wildlife Programs, was presented with this honour for his outstanding services in the field of wildlife conservation and protection. Nick has been running the Wildlife Programs in Cambodia for over ten years and in this time has seen over 1,200 animals rescued from illegal wildlife trade. Nick’s work has also involved advising the Wildlife Rapid Rescue Team on dealing with human-animal conflict. This award recognises that Nick’s efforts have made a significant impact to the future of many species in Cambodia.

When asked about his time at the University of Kent Nick wrote, “The MSc has helped greatly in improving the manner in which I approach my work to help conserve wildlife. My thanks go to all at DICE, particularly Nigel and Richard, without whom I would never have completed the course.  DICE made a difference to me and I am sure to many others in their efforts to conserve what is left of the natural world, so it looks like you have achieved what you set out to do. ”

More infomation on Wildlife Alliance can be found at the website: www.wildlifealliance.org