T&OD Team are pleased to announce two new employee Apprenticeship programmes, The programmes are fully funded leading to an ILM certificate in Team Leading or Management. If you are looking to develop your career, enhance your management skills these Apprenticeships could support your development.
Contact Loretta Finch to discuss your interest and to be invited to the information session. Each programme is available to 6-8 employees and will launch over the summer (subject to a sufficient number of employees).
This Apprenticeship is for Team Leaders and Supervisors with a first-line management role, responsible for managing a team or with operational or project responsibilities.
Key responsibilities are likely to include supporting, managing and developing team members, managing projects, planning and monitoring workloads and resources, delivering operational plans, resolving problems and building relationships internally and externally.
The Apprentices will also work towards the achievement of the ILM certificate and in doing so will also cover most of the knowledge and skills required for the Level 3 Apprenticeship.
• Team Management Principles – Managing resources and workloads, team dynamics and motivation
• Leadership Techniques – Coaching, decision making, role modelling and managing change
• Performance Management – Settings goals and objectives, absence management and conducting appraisals
• Relationship Management – Customer and stakeholder management, negotiation and networking skills
• Communication – Active listening, chairing meetings, presentations, digital, verbal and written communication skills
• Operational and Project Management – Planning and prioritising, risk management, collecting, analysing and using data
• Human Resources (HR) and Legal Requirements – Equality, diversity, and inclusion
Level 5 Operations/Departmental Manager programme is designed to support your current and aspiring manager, enhancing and building on capabilities. This Apprenticeship is for those that manage a team and/or projects and achieves operational or departmental goals and objectives as part of the delivery of the organisation’s strategy.
Key responsibility is likely to include creating and delivering operational plans; managing projects; leading and managing teams, managing change, financial and resource management, talent management, coaching and mentoring.
The Apprentices will also work towards the achievement of the ILM Level 5 Certificate and in doing so will also cover knowledge and skills required for the Level 5 Apprenticeship Standard.
• Team Management Principles – Including team dynamics, motivation, managing resources and workloads.
• Leadership Techniques – Coaching and mentoring, delegation, decision making, recruitment and problem solving
• Performance Management – Achieving targets, delivering objectives and setting KPIs
• Relationship Management – Negotiation and networking skills, partner, stakeholder and supplier management
• Communication – Active listening, interpersonal skills, report writing and digital, verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills
• Operational and Project Management Principles – Operational planning, contingency planning and continuous improvement
• Human Resources (HR) and Legal Requirements – Equality, diversity and inclusion
SR Education are an approved Apprenticeship provider – for more details, this is their website site – SR Education
How do you find out more?
Please contact Loretta Finch, your Employee Apprenticeship Manager via MS Teams or Email