L&OD are pleased to announce that the University has achieved Level 1 of the Disability Confident Grading Scheme and we are now accredited as a ‘Disability Confident Committed’ employer.
Through Disability Confident, we will work to ensure that disabled people and those with long term health conditions have the opportunities to fulfill their potential and realise their aspirations. Recognition of this scheme will help us to recruit and retain from the widest possible pool of talent and further develop the valuable skills and experience we have here at Kent.
As a Level 1 Disability Confident Committed employer we have committed to:
- Ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- Communicating and promoting vacancies
- Offering an interview to disabled people who meet the essential criteria
- Anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- Supporting any exiting employee who acquires a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
- Enabling the provision of activities that will make a difference for disabled people
The Certification is valid for 12 months and we can now display the Disability Confident Committed badge on University stationery, correspondence and websites.
Please review where and how you can use this badge within your own processes.
Our work will not stop here. To demonstrate our continued commitment, during the next 12 months we will review the criteria that are required for us to attain the Level 2 certification to become a Disability Confident Employer. We will create an action plan and will work across the University with different departments and the EDI staff networks with the aim of achieving the next level of certification.