We are open!
The garden is open to everyone who wants to come and volunteer with us. We are open to Students, Staff and Community Volunteers. sEE BELOW FOR OUR OPENING TIMES AND EVENTS SCHEDULE.
We are the Kent Community Oasis Garden (KentCOG), a collection of students, staff and community members working to create a sustainability hub centred around growing food.
Music Attribution 3.0 Unported (CC BY 3.0). Kevin Macleod Carefree.
The existing Oasis Garden and the larger area around it has the potential to become a well-used resource for teaching, learning and engagement, and our project aims to:
- Create an accessible multiuse space
- Provide opportunities for skills building and training
- Provide opportunities for work experience and apprenticeships
- Promote sustainable and healthy food
- Provide access to growing space
- Create activities and quiet spaces for wellbeing and mental health programmes
- Enhance the student experience
- Promote social enterprise
- Enhance social cohesion
- Provide an interesting space for Learning and Teaching/A Living Lab
- Provide a safe environment working within the University’s processes and procedures
- Create a lasting and mutually beneficial partnership
We are made up of a number of partners including The University of Kent, East Kent Mind, Kent Union Sustainability Network and the Whitstable and Herne Bay Beekeepers. For a full list of partners and supporters please click here.
Come along to one of our open sessions on a Wednesday (10:00am – 2:00pm) to find out more or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also see what we are up to on our Instagram.