We are the Kent Community Oasis Garden (KentCOG), a collection of students, staff and community members working to create a sustainability hub centred around growing food.
The existing Oasis Garden and the larger area around it has the potential to become a well-used resource for teaching, learning and engagement, and our project aims to:
- Create an accessible multiuse space
- Provide opportunities for skills building and training
- Provide opportunities for work experience and apprenticeships
- Promote sustainable and healthy food
- Provide access to growing space
- Create activities and quiet spaces for wellbeing and mental health programmes
- Enhance the student experience
- Promote social enterprise
- Enhance social cohesion
- Provide an interesting space for Learning and Teaching/A Living Lab
- Provide a safe environment working within the University’s processes and procedures
- Create a lasting and mutually beneficial partnership
We are made up of a number of partners including The University of Kent, Kent Enterprise Trust, The Gardening and Foraging Society (Kent Union) and the Whitstable and Herne Bay Beekeepers. For a full list of partners and supporters please click here.
To get involved please take a look at our calendar (coming soon) to find out when our open sessions are or email email@example.com.