First stop Spa

Here I am at Dover before boarding the ferry. Flying the flag for Kent!

Well we made it! At least the first 300km from Calais to Spa which is a relief, I can tell you! Even on Sunday Steve was still changing things on the car – he put in rear windows that open to aid ventilation, a sound decision as it happens because the exhaust fumes were somehow infiltrating into the car as we drove along the motorway! Couldn’t open the new rear windows or some of the teddies would have fallen out, which will never do!

So, as I write, Steve is employing tank tape to seal the gap. We only have less than two hours to drive today as Nurburgring is the next stop. Steve has raced at this iconic circuit several times, as well as Spa Francorchamps, so we are looking forward to returning. Sadly the Nordschlieffe (the scary old circuit) is closed for the season …. Or maybe that’s not such a bad thing!

Peach goes very well, stood up to the Belgian motorway well but you do feel vulnerable in a Mini as the HGVs thunder past!

The Competitors we’ve met so far seem a great bunch of people and we’re looking forward to making some new friends along the way.