Couldn’t bring your laptop to campus today? Want to work in a part of the Library that doesn’t have PCs?
You can borrow a laptop for use in the Templeman Library for up to 4 hours (this is so the laptops always have optimal charge and can be shared fairly).
What to do
- Borrow it: from the self-service cabinet in the Café area (Ground floor, Block B*).
- Use it (for up to 4 hours): the laptop works with wired and Bluetooth headphones.
- Save it: save your files to your University OneDrive so you can access them anywhere.
- Report it: if there’s a problem, please take it to the IT & Library Support Desk so we can sort it out.
- Return it: at the end of the loan period, take it back to the cabinet and plug it in.
*soon to be available on Floor 2, C Block
- All Office 365 tools
- Internet access and webcam
- Accessibility apps
- Citation tools
What’s not provided
- Course specific software
- Other peripherals (e.g. mouse)
- Speakers (they’re disabled)
The small print
- The laptops can’t be taken out of the Library.
- If you don’t return the laptop at the end of the loan period, there won’t be a fine – but you can’t borrow any other items until you do!
- If you lose the laptop, we will charge you for the replacement costs.
- You need to abide by the Library and IT regulations when using them.