How to access, download and share recordings of Zoom meetings
Assuming your Zoom meeting has already taken place and you have recorded it, this post details how to access it and how to download the audio and or video files to you local computer.
- In a browser, goto https://zoom.us/
- Login using the SAME zoom account details as the account that recorded the meeting.
- Click on the ‘Recordings link on the left menu :
- The main window should update to show a list of recordings that have been saved.
- Identify the recording of interest and left-click on the link in the ‘File Size column’
- There are typically two files associated with each recording, a ‘shared screen with speaker view’ one and an ‘audio’ one. If you move your mouse over the row for the file of interest a download arrow should appear, just click this. e.g.
or alternatively click the ‘download 2 files’ button to download them both.
- Once you have your files, if you need to share them with someone then a good way is to use Kent’s ‘GEOsend’ file transfer service. See here for details: https://www.kent.ac.uk/software/goesend
- If you want to upload these video/audio recordings into Panopto this is straightforward. First, login to Panopto in a browser (or click ‘manage recordings’ form the panopto desktop client which will open the relevant browser page for you). Second, click the ‘Create’ button top-centre and select the ‘upload media’ option. Thirdly, drag and drop the audio/vido file into the browser windon and follow the instruction (uploading and processing a large file can take a few minutes). Once it’s uploaded, manage it as you would any other panopto recording.
- IMPORTANT: We have very limited space in our Zoom accounts to store recordings in the cloud. Please delete them as soon as you have downloaded them. Recordings over 5 working days old may be deleted without notice. Do this by selecting the ‘Delete’ menu option accessible form the ‘More’ button alongside the recording to be deleted.