Graduate success: Camilla Felici, Junior Healthcare Consultant at KPMG Advisory Italy

Camilla Felici

Camilla Felici, Junior Healthcare Consultant at KPMG Advisory Italy, studied BEng (Hons) Biomedical Engineering and graduated in 2019. We caught up with her about her career, her memories of Kent, and her advice for current students.

How do you feel your time at Kent prepared you for working in the industry?
I believe that my time at Kent has prepared me to enter the job market with a solid skillset and has made me aware of what being a professional and working with integrity means.

What did you learn in your degree that has been beneficial to you in your role?
All the hands-on projects completed while at University have definitely helped me build my organisational, communication and problem solving skills – essential to be a successful consultant.

What are your main responsibilities and tasks?
My main responsibilities include supporting clients by building solutions for the improvement of the production, analysis and management of healthcare data both in the public and private sector.

Are you working on any exciting projects that you can share?
Most recently I was supporting local authorities with the management of the Sars-Cov-2 vaccination campaign in Italian regions.

What are your plans for the future?
I would like to expand my technical skills in the area of programming to improve my data analysis and visualisation capabilities.

What advice would you give to someone wanting to follow the same career path?
My advice is to enjoy your time at University, while engaging in the many extracurricular activities proposed by the School to also improve your soft skills, necessary in today’s world. Above all, never stop learning.

What was your favourite memory from your time at Kent?
My favourite memory is for sure being in the engineering lab with my peers, collaborating on projects and sharing ideas, but also interacting with technicians and lecturers who have proved to be extremely helpful and supportive even after I had completed my studies.