Event Management involves applying project management to create and develop a variety of events. We have many options to experience this exciting industry….
Demelza – this amazing charity provides specialist care and emotional support to children and their loved ones.
- They are providing work experience focused on event management, where you will have the chance to support the planning of large fundraising events.
Historic Dockyard Chatham – home to three historic warships, museums, galleries, the Victorian Ropery, and much more, the site is the finest example of a ‘Dockyard of the Age of Sail’ anywhere in the world.
- They are providing two work experience placements in community engagement, planning and delivering outreach events.
Canterbury Cathedral – this beautiful cathedral is one of the most visited places in the country and is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- They are providing 2-weeks work experience placements focused on engaging the community with activities and events both within the Cathedral and/or as outreach across East Kent. You will be invited to generate ideas, plan, promote, deliver and evaluate as part of this exciting role.
East Kent Mencap – this well-established and well-known local charity are based in East Kent and provide opportunities for adults and children with a learning disability, their families and carers.
- They are providing work experience in event planning and management. This will involve logistical support for the planning and promotion of the East Kent Mencap Summer Festival, as well as leading volunteers during the event.
Chiddingstone Castle – this historic house, with Tudor origins, is an accredited museum and award-winning venue.
- They are providing a PR role experience, focussing on promoting the castle’s ‘Japan Festival’ and planning events.
Canterbury Business Improvement District – one of nearly 200 BID’s, Canterbury BID is responsible for enhancing the business community within Canterbury.
- They are providing one internship as a Marketing and Events Assistant, which will include co-coordinating marketing campaigns, drafting weekly emails for MyCanterbury and BID, social media posting, tracking marketing campaign trends and keeping websites up-to-date.
The Night Yard – it’s not a barn, it’s not a field, it is The Night Yard! This unique venue hosts stunning weddings and events near Canterbury.
- They are offering an exclusive events management work experience placement.
Shepherd Neame – Britain’s oldest brewer, Shepherd Neame is an English independent regional brewery founded in 1698 in Faversham, Kent.
- They are providing a work experience placement covering visitor operations and events.
Diagrama Foundation – Diagrama Foundation is a charity that supports vulnerable children and adults to live their best life by making them feel valued and worthy.
- They are providing a work experience placement organising and publicising the Summer and Christmas parties.
Kent Innovation and Enterprise – KIE is responsible for building strong links between academic research and the external business community. The department is responsible for business engagement activities, the KTP programme, the EP Scheme and Hub for Innovation and Enterprise.
- They are providing a 2-week work experience, where you will assist with social media campaigns, create news stories, design artwork and contribute towards event planning.
People United – this is an innovative charity that explores how the arts and creativity can grow kindness, empathy and a sense of common humanity.
- They are offering two work experience placements, focused on fundraising, events organising and attending events.