Medway Council is the regional council for the Medway area, Kent.
Medway Council, the unitary council for the Medway area in Kent, has sponsored the EP Scheme for the last three years, notably offering Ipads to highest scoring students and internships within the Re-generation, Culture and Community Department, as well as the Category Management team, part of the Legal & Corporate Services Division.
During the past five years, a number of EP students, following work placements, have secured full-time employment with the Council, whilst another secured a training contract with a prestigious London law firm.
Medway Council will be providing a range of rewards for students this year. So far, we can confirm:
- Work experience placements in Legal.
- Work experience placements in Finance.
- An internship planning and delivering events associated with Youth Services, as well as multiple short-term work experience placements.
- Work experience placements focused on designing new intranet pages for HR Services, the Apprenticeship and Medway College of Social Care.
- Work experience placement in journalism and PR.
- Internships in Housing Policy and Homelessness.
- Work shadowing in HR.
- Internship in Highway Asset Management focusing on data analysis.
- Internship in creating content relating to Visit Medway and developing a social media strategy.
- Videography internships for Medway Sport and Visit Medway.
- A project placement focusing on creating infographics relating to key health statistics.
- An internship where you will be responsible for creating health-orientated webinars.
- Internship creating online content for young people relating to health.
- An economics internship looking at the economic value of healthcare.
- A research internship looking to gain an understanding of the student experience in Medway.
- Internship focused on Climate Change.
Please check back on a regular basis as we will be announcing new Medway Council rewards throughout the year (last year they offered over 20 work placements!)
Since 2012, Medway Council have offered EP students 107 rewards! This range from internships in procurement, policy, public health, web design and videography to work experience opportunities in legal, finance, social care and much more.
You can read the full case study here, where a number of students have reflected on their experiences at Medway Council!