In the heart of the Concrete Jungle

(where dreams are made of)

Hear from one of our Year in Industry students, who secured his placement at global Investment bank Morgan Stanley.

Tom reflected on his experience:

“The placement was an invaluable experience – I was able to build key skills and knowledge about the financial industry that has proven useful in my final year studies and dissertation research, as well as helping me secure a return offer to my placement employer once I graduate.”

Tom Hulks, Economics with a Year in Industry BSc (Hons)

“My role on my placement was working within the bank’s Sales & Trading business, specifically in a team called Prime Brokerage. They help Hedge Fund clients access the bank’s trading platforms, in addition to providing financing, consulting, and loans to clients.
The role definitely included a lot of collaboration with other teams so that was a big reason why I enjoyed it!”
During the first week of the placement, Tom was featured alongside all incoming industrial placement students and summer interns on the firm’s Times Square billboard on their New York office.
Fancy adding real-world industry experience to your CV? Find out more about our Year in Industry course here.