Susan Suntree Publication Party!

Susan Suntree

Susan Suntree (English and American Literature, Class of 1968) will be celebrating the release of her new book in Venice this July. Read Susan’s words below to find out more!

“On July 15, at 8 PM, Tom Laichas and I will celebrate the release of our new books at the venerable literary center, Beyond Baroque, 681 Venice Blvd, Venice, CA. New books come alive in good company!

“Join us as we share the news that poetry sings to the heart.

“I will accompany my reading from Dear Traveler with my dulcimer, and will read from the new, revised paperback edition of Sacred Sites: The Secret History of Southern California, taking a look at the ancient era when CO2 was at the level it is now. Though the past does not predict the future, it helps us understand the Earth’s ways of responding to dramatic climate change. Additionally, I will read a few new poems apropos of this critical moment. Tom will show slides of the photographs that accompany his deeply moving collection.

“Party outside on the newly spruced patio. Bring a mask to wear in the theatre. Free parking beside the building complex.

“The reading will also be live streamed: https://www.youtube.com/c/BeyondBaroque/featured

“I’d love to share this celebration with you!”