Thank you for joining our alumni reunions!

Alumni Reunion

Over 300 former Kent students joined us on Tuesday and Thursday last week to catch up with old friends, meet some of our current students, find out about current research at the University and enjoy a virtual tour of the campus by drone.

We had a wonderful time catching up with everyone and sharing their experiences.

Professor Darren Griffin and Dr Luke Lavan gave fascinating talks about their work. You can see these along with lots of photos of the University and students over the years, and digital copies of the student newspapers from your time at Kent on our website.

And we were overwhelmed by all the positive feedback! We loved seeing everyone and can’t wait to do it all again later in the year.

Just a few of your kind messages:

“Loved it! Thank you for hosting.” KB (Eliot, 2013)

“The event was successful and I was very impressed with it. It was a great event and I would request you to please continue with these events regardless of COVID-19 present or not, as it given opportunity for international students like myself to attend. Thank you for arranging such a great event.” WP (Darwin, 2007)

“Just a note to thank you for organising the online reunion. It is the first of these kind of events that I have participated in and I really enjoyed it. As a side note it was not necessary for me to know or recognise anyone from my time at the University and indeed I did not. It was enough to be made to feel welcome and to recall memories with others who had similar themes as part of their overall experience.” MT (Eliot, 1980)

“I attended the virtual reunion and wanted to write to thank those responsible for organising it. Really enjoyed it and great to catch up with some people I had not seen since leaving UKC in 1970.” SC (Rutherford, 1967)

We also hope to welcome you all back to the campus in person once all of this is over. We can’t wait to see you back at Kent.