Kent Alumna takes Miss Africa Great Britain

Last month, Sarah Jegede (Medway, 2010) was awarded the title of Miss Africa Great Britain, beating 23 other hopefuls to the crown!

We caught up with Sarah to ask about her experience at Kent and what else she has been up to since graduating.

What made you decide to come to Kent?

Kent was my first choice because I went to school in Canterbury and I was accustomed to seeing the university. I used to get off the bus inside the Uni and walk to school from there, so I was in there nearly everyday and I used to dream of being a student there.  I ended up going to the Medway campus, which was good for me because I got to be in a different environment but I was still close to home, which was an advantage.

What is your favourite memory of Kent?

I was the vice president of the Nigerian Student Association at Medway so that was a lot of fun. The parties were great!

What have you been up to since graduating?

After my graduation, I went out to Nigeria to do a year of youth service. Whilst I was there, I spent three weeks at a military style camp and then spent the rest of the year working. I came back to Kent after my service, and took a job with Kent County Council where I still work.

What was your first job?

The first job I had after university was working in the Psychology department at a mental health hospital during my year of youth service.

What has been your greatest achievement to date?

There are a few achievements I could mention, such as graduating from University and completing one year of National Youth Service in Nigeria. My proudest achievement however has been winning Miss Africa GB !