In this series of public online seminars, the Centre for the Study of Higher Education (CSHE) focuses upon technology enhanced learning. In rapidly changing times, the sudden move to more online forms of learning in HE brought on by COVID-19 have challenged us all. World leading scholars will highlight research that will help us all in our online teaching practice. The online seminars will explore learning design, learning analytics, electronic assessment and feedback and contract cheating.
CSHE are hosting five seminars – all will be held online via Microsoft Teams. You can find more details about each seminar on our website:
- Designing for online learning: Practical implications from research on learning design and student self-regulated learning – Wednesday 14 October 2020 10:00 – 11:00. Professor Sue Bennett, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Using Learning analytics to support learners and teachers at the Open University – Thursday 22 October 2020 13:00 – 14:00. Professor Bart Rienties Open University, UK
- Online and Onboard: The impact of electronic submission, feedback and grading on the staff and student experience – Thursday 29 October 2020 13:00 – 14:00. Professor Emma Mayhew, University of Surrey, UK.
- Detecting and addressing contract cheating in online assessment – Thursday 12 November 2020 10:00 – 11:00. Associate Professor Phill Dawson, Deakin University, Australia
- Seminar 5 Title TBC. Thursday 26 November 2020 10:00 – 11:00. Professor Dragan Gasevic, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Please sign up via Eventbrite. The links for each event can be found on our website here.