Marathon runner raises over £3,500 for the Kent Law Campaign!

Feed URL: https://blogs.kent.ac.uk/campaigns-news-events/2012/07/27/marathon-runner-raises-over-3500-for-the-kent-law-campaign/feed/?withoutcomments=1

Anna Pollard (K98 and Campaigns Manager at the University of Kent) ran the London Marathon on Sunday 22nd April and her fundraising page has now come to a close.  In total, Anna raised over £3,500 for the Kent Law Campaign – we are so proud of her for completing such a gruelling challenge and on behalf of the University we would like to thank her for her efforts.  Of the experience Anna said:

“The Kent Law Campaign is a fantastic project and one which I am fully behind.  Set up in 1972, the Kent Law Clinic was the first of its kind in a UK Law School and since then it has helped hundreds of people who need but cannot afford access to legal services. When I received my ballot place for the 2012 Virgin London Marathon I knew I wanted to run to raise money for the Law Campaign.  I am not a runner and was met with sniggers when I told family and friends that I had secured a place – I proved them wrong and completed the race in 05:21:17 and raised over £3,500 for the Campaign!  It was an amazing experience and I would urge everybody to take up a personal challenge to raise valuable funds for this worthy cause.”

If, like Anna, you would like to take part in a sponsored event for the Kent Law Campaign please contact alumni@kent.ac.uk to discuss.

This entry was posted in lawcampaign, News. Bookmark the permalink.