Ali Aliyev

Feed URL: https://blogs.kent.ac.uk/brussels-profiles/2012/11/30/ali-aliyev/feed/?withoutcomments=1

Ali Aliyev is a graduate of the MA International Relations programme and currently works for BP in Azerbaijan.

From 2003 to 2011 he was a Stakeholder Engagement Analyst before becoming an External Affairs Adviser in January 2011. In June 2012 he moved to his present position as a Social Team Leader for BP. As such he leads activities in relation to the implementation and compliance with social commitments and manages community liaison activities that serve to the benefit of the Export Operations in Azerbaijan.

What do you think were the key attributes of BSIS when you were there?
Certainly the quality of the academics and the diverse group of students were significant contributors. BSIS brings together fresh minded young leaders from different locations and it creates an excellent opportunity to exchange views while deepening one’s knowledge.

Do you think that your studies at BSIS helped you secure your current post?
Absolutely! Studying abroad is not just about learning technical skills but also an excellent chance to bring expertise to my country.

Do you think that BSIS is a good place to study international studies and if so why?
BSIS’s location is the right place to explore international studies and meeting well known experts at EU institutions, leading think-tanks and international organizations. During my time at BSIS I worked for the British Chamber of Commerce in Brussels as well as in the Energy Charter Secretariat.

Have you been able to put what you learned at BSIS to use and if so when?
The combination of my work and BSIS experience have definitely prepared me well for this type of work. What I learned at BSIS has added value to my credentials and I feel today more confident when delivering objectives, initiating projects and most importantly making decisions.

I would definitely recommend the BSIS to those who are enthusiastic to learn in a cross-cultural and multidisciplinary environment.

This entry was posted in alumni. Bookmark the permalink.