AHVC Research Seminar: Marco Delogu (21/03/2018)

The Art History & Visual Cultures Research Centre invites you to a research seminar with:

Marco Delogu, Director, Italian Cultural Institute

From Portraits to Landscape: A Journey on Intimate Photography

Wednesday 21st March 2018 at 5pm in Keynes Seminar Room 11, University of Kent

There will also be an opportunity to purchase a signed copy of Marco Delogu’s latest book ‘Asinara’ http://www.punctumpress.com/en/shop/marco-delogu-asinara/

Marco Delogu will talk about his years of portraits (1994-2007) and then his landscape (2007-2017)

All of my photographs come from my personal life, my portraits from my experiences and the one of my family (Catholicism, prison, horses, Sardinian shepherds, gypsies, etc), and then the landscapes and my need to be only with myself, to walk, to be in depopulated places, to be back in Sardinia, “Asinara” my last work.

Marco Delogu Photographer, filmmaker, publisher and editor, is the artistic director of FOTOGRAFIA – International Festival of Rome, and the founder of the publishing house Punctum. His research focuses on portraits of group of people with common experiences and languages (Cardinals retired, Jockeys of the Palio di Siena, Inmates, Classical music contemporary composers, Farmers, Sardinian shepherds, writers); in recent years his projects have been more focused on the nature.

He has published more than twenty books, and exhibited in Italy and abroad in many galleries and museums, including: Centre Georges Pompidou, Paris; French Academy, Villa Medici, Rome; MACRO, Rome; Warburg Institute, London; Henry Moore Foundation, Leeds; Musée de l’Elysee, Lausanne; PhotoMuseum, Moscow; He is now the director of the Italian Cultural Institute of London