The University of Kent, Paris is pleased to announce a scholarship fund worth £25,000 for taught Master’s students studying during the academic year 2016–17.
Please find below the conditions and criteria of the scholarship fund and how to apply.
Conditions and Criteria
- The scholarship fund is open to applicants who have been offered a place on any of the Kent, Paris MA programmes http://www.kent.ac.uk/paris/programmes/index.html for the academic year starting in September 2016, whether split-site (Canterbury and Paris) or Paris only.
- It is open only to applicants intending to study full-time.
- UK, EU and overseas fee paying students are all eligible.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic excellence, and will usually hold by July 2016 a first-class Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject, or hold by July 2016 an equivalent non-UK qualification or a Master’s degree at merit or distinction in a relevant subject or equivalent.
- Paris Scholarships to the value of £5,000 will be awarded to outstanding applicants able to demonstrate a high level of academic achievement, clear intellectual ambition and the potential to make a strong contribution to their chosen MA programme.
How to apply
- Candidates must have received a conditional or unconditional offer of a place on one of the Kent, Paris programmes.
- Candidates must send a letter of motivation, not exceeding 500 words, stating why they wish to join their chosen Kent, Paris MA programme and how this fits into their longer term plans.
- The letter of motivation should be saved with the following file name: “FirstnameSURNAME_application number_letter of motivation”, for example: CatherineWOOD_123456789_letter of motivation.doc
- The letter should be addressed to the Academic Director of Paris programmes and sent by email to email@example.com with the subject line: “Scholarship application Firstname SURNAME application number”, for example: Scholarship application Catherine WOOD 123456789
- The opening date for accepting applications is Friday 1 April 2016. Please do not send scholarship applications before this date.
- The deadline for applications is midnight, Friday 27 May 2016.
For more information: