Current topics/our next meeting
This “sticky page” will be used to list topics for discussion at Network meetings and will be updated regularly. Please follow the links to find out more about the topics listed.
The next meeting of the Network is on 15 November 2018
Venue: Sibson room 361
Time: 14:00 – 16:00
Attendees are very welcome to raise whatever issues they wish to but it would be appreciated wherever possible, in the interests of running meetings efficiently, if you could email the Chairperson with any major topics no later than the Monday preceding the meeting i.e. 12/11/2018.
Key topics for the meeting:
These are the discussion points that provide the main focus for the meeting. They would generally change from meeting to meeting. However some recur and/or become Regular/standing topics (see below).
Please cross-refer to our Recent issues page.
- Learning Spaces (timetabling) and accessibility – Gill Sinclair has kindly made herself available to lead this topic
- Adaptations and Reasonable Adjustments: the Estates perspective – Dan Beacon has kindly agreed to lead this topic
- Reviewing our Terms of Reference and raising awareness/visibility of the Network – possibly a relaunch?
- Staff induction fairs
- A change of name? But without losing the Staff Disability Network description. See for example enable@UCL
- Accessibility Tours (formerly “Day Walks”) are now in the process of being re-established. We’d like to try and compile a check list that participants can use (i.e. things to watch out for).
(Am hoping to create a shared google doc that everyone can contribute to… watch this space!)
- L&OD EDI update/s – led by Claire Chapman, L&OD Consultant (EDI)
- Events and campaigns (recent and upcoming)
- National Association of Disabled Staff Networks (NADSN) – Annual Conference, UCL 13/07/18
- NADSN “Regional Hub” – exploratory meeting at Birkbeck 23/10/18
- Should the Network hold an annual “headline” event (or AGM)?
Is this worthwhile? When? What hook do we hang it on? Keynote speaker? etc
- Disability History Month (19/11/18-22/12/18)
- Reports from practitioners and other members (e.g. SSW, Occ Health)
- Intersections with other Networks