Applying through Clearing? Hear about Robyn’s experience

Kent’s Clearing service was very helpful and the process was straightforward.

We caught up with Sport and Exercise Sciences student, Robyn Jones, about her experience of applying to Kent through Clearing.

‘I was excited for results day and thought that I would get my first choice as I felt I had done enough to achieve my entry grades. But you never know what’s around the corner and I missed out on my first choice by one grade, and it hurt. My first choice offered to take me for a sports coaching course instead of sports science, which I knew wasn’t right for me. I suddenly found myself in Clearing with not much of a back-up plan.

I panicked at first and started looking at universities I knew nothing about and had never been to. Although I hadn’t applied to the University of Kent through my UCAS application, and I hadn’t looked around the Canterbury campus, I knew friends a few years older who studied a similar course and rated it highly.

So I applied and found Kent’s Clearing service very helpful and the process was straightforward. I was put in touch with the head of admissions for my degree, who happily answered any questions I had. As I’m from the Kent area I wasn’t sure whether I wanted to go to a university close to home, but it was the best decision I made!’

Robyn Jones is now in her final year year at Kent, studying Sport and Exercise Science BSc.

Clearing at Kent is open! Find out how to apply.

Image of Robyn Jones