Endurance athletes seem to pick up coughs and colds quite frequently, especially during periods with high training volumes We therefore wish to monitor endurance athletes’ illness reports and also test whether a mouth spray product can reduce the occurrence of URTI symptoms in athletes.
We are looking for:
• Well trained runners/cyclists/triathletes (or any other endurance sport)
• Who train at least 4 times per week
• With at least 3 years of training history
• Males and females over the age of 18
For this 3 month monitoring study you will be asked to:
• Record weekly illness symptoms
• Record training (via an online questionnaire)
• Use a commercially available mouth spray product regularly (when required, in line with manufacturer instructions).
• Take a self swab sample if/when you have URTI symptoms
You will receive £100 to compensate you for your time and effort
If you are interested and would like more information please contact:
Marlene Schoeman (email@example.com), or
Glen Davison (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Or sign up here: https://universityofkent.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cTpmPzdHGEi2h3E