Welcome Message from Dr Glen Davison, Head of School

Glen Davidson

A special message from our Head of School, welcoming new and returning students to SSES.

A warm welcome to all new students (and welcome back to those returning) to the School of Sport and Exercise Sciences (SSES) at the University of Kent. We are delighted that have chosen to be part of our team (Team SSES), and we are here to support you throughout your entire academic journey and beyond.

I am very proud to be taking up the Head of School position in SSES. This is my 10th year here in Kent, and 18th in academia. During these years I have worked in many roles within SSES and have got to know all of my colleagues well. We have an excellent team of lecturers and support staff who work extremely hard to ensure we provide a high quality education for our students and enhance their employability skills. I am thankful to be part of this team and I know that all staff will continue this great work over the years to come.

A little bit about me: I completed my undergraduate (Sport and Exercise Sciences) and MSc (Exercise Physiology) degrees at Sheffield Hallam, and my PhD (Nutrition and Exercise Immunology) at Loughborough University, where I was also a Graduate Teaching Assistant in Exercise Physiology. I worked as a lecturer at Aberystwyth University before joining SSES at the University of Kent. I am a BASES Accredited sport and exercise scientist (Physiology) and Chartered Scientist (CSci). I have worked with amateur, elite and professional athletes from a range of sports, including football, rugby, hockey, athletics, triathlon and cycling. I am a keen runner myself.

We know these are exceptional times at the moment but we will do everything we possibly can to ensure you have a successful and enjoyable time here in SSES.

We wish you the best of luck with your studies.

Dr Glen Davison
Head of School for the School of Sport and Exercise Sciences