Student Life at Kent from Joe Clements

‘Getting as many people as I can involved in sport is something I would like to continue to do after my time at university’

Why did you choose to study at Kent?

I chose to study at Kent because I have friends that went here and they liked it. Also, I spoke to tutors before I started and they were all very helpful. I’m really enjoying my course – all aspects of it.

How would you describe your lecturers?

The lecturers are all interesting, and I really enjoy learning what research they are involved in.

What is the level of support like in your studies?

I have found the level of support in my studies to be great, I have many emails and meetings between tutors to help improve my assignment grades.

Which modules have you enjoyed the most, and why?

Of all the modules so far, I’ve really enjoyed the Physiology module, because I find the human body fascinating. I also found sports promotion very interesting – getting as many people as I can involved in sport is something I would like to continue to do after my time at university.

How would you describe your fellow students?

My fellow students are friendly and interesting and the facilities on campus are great. I spend most of the time in the library it’s a great place to work and the late opening hours are very helpful at times.

What sort of things do you do in your spare time?

In my spare time I play golf and I cycle most days. I run a small business in the local area and spend time with my young son and girlfriend.

What kind of career do you hope to follow when you leave, and why?

After graduation I want to grow my business but I’d also like to work with athletes. I think that the education I’ve received would make me best suited to helping others.

Any advice to other students coming to Kent?

To potential students I’d say: don’t waste your time at university – do any extra activities you can to separate yourself from the pack and take every opportunity possible.