Do you have a passion for inspiring the next generation of STEM students? Why not apply to be a student ambassador for your subject?
We are currently recruiting for student ambassadors to represent the School of Computing. The role is open to all Undergraduate and Postgraduate students and the application deadline is Sunday 17 October 2021. Read on for more information about the role, application deadline and application link.
Outreach and Recruitment Ambassadors for the Division of Computing, Engineering and Mathematical Sciences (CEMS) work on a range of duties, assisting University of Kent staff with their activities for schools, colleges, community groups and general visitors to the University throughout the academic year. CEMS Outreach and Recruitment Ambassadors are expected to help facilitate activities designed to support outreach, recruitment and subject-based activities, usually taking place on the Canterbury or Medway Campus.
CEMS Outreach and Recruitment Ambassadors are required to talk to, and inspire, potential students or applicants to the University and their parents/carers and teachers. They support activities designed to encourage and motivate individuals to consider their future options, including application to higher education, the range of courses offered within the Division, and study opportunities available in HE and queries surrounding student life.
All Ambassadors must be enthusiastic about the benefits of university life and eager to share their subject specific learning and experiences with others. The primary responsibility is to provide an informative and valuable experience for visitors to the University, representing HE and University of Kent in a positive light. CEMS Outreach and Recruitment Ambassadors must be enthusiastic, mature in their approach and be able to inspire and engage potential students of all ages. They must be able to use their initiative when working alone but also thrive in a team environment.
Key duties include:
- Assisting on outreach, recruitment or subject-focused campus visits, including leading campus tours
- Providing information about the University of Kent and higher education more broadly, sharing experiences and answering general queries from students, their families and/or teaching staff
- Leading small groups of students through assigned tasks in a classroom setting (on campus)
- Representing the University of Kent and higher education in general in a positive and enthusiastic manner
- Taking part in Q&A sessions for FE, secondary or community groups on campus
See the full job description here:
CEMS Outreach and Recruitment Ambassador Job Description
You can apply for the role here – application deadline is Sunday 17 October 2021:
Any questions? Contact CEMSOutreach@kent.ac.uk for more information.