PhD students to attend Google summit in Munich

Google Logo

Three PhD students from the School of Computing have been accepted to attend Google’s 6th Compiler and Programming Language Summit. Hrutvik Kanabar, Joanna Sharrad and Nicolas Dilley will attend the summit in Munich, Germany from 3-5 December 2018.

At the summit, Google engineers will share highlights of Google’s latest research in the area of programming language implementation and how this research is applied to compilers and language tooling at Google. The event will be a unique opportunity to deeply explore cutting edge complier and programming language technology and network with engineers working on these topics in industry. The summit is designed to create a close collaborate environment and facilitate a dialogue between students and Google engineers.

Nicolas Dilley said ‘I am very glad to attend this event because I will meet other Phd students from all over the world that are currently working on projects very similar to mine. I will also attend many tech talks given by Google’s researchers about their current research and developments. In addition, I always wanted to visit Germany!’