Amanda Ollier joins School of Computing as School Administration Manager

Amanda Ollier

The School of Computing has a new head of professional services. Amanda Ollier, the School Administration Manager (SAM), brings with her extensive management experience in different sectors. She will be responsible for the professional services team in the School of Computing, which supports the academic staff in their teaching and research and helps the students to make the most of their time at Kent. She will also support the Head of School in planning and delivering the school strategy.

Amanda started her career at Eurostar and in 15 years went from train crew to terminal manager, at both Waterloo and St Pancras. She has also spent time in personal development, as a motivational speaker and running training courses.

More recently, Amanda has higher education experience in the Open University in several roles including research support and administration and project management.

Amanda, who has two sons aged 14 and 20 said; ‘I am so pleased to be working at the University of Kent. In my time at the Open University I was responsible for administration in two schools, with 26,000 students. However I didn’t get to meet any of them as they were all distance learners. When I was visiting university open days with my eldest son I got a sense of what it was like to be a student at a campus university with all of the opportunities and experiences that involved. I am looking forward to helping the students in the School of Computing make the most of their time studying here and seeing them in person.

‘I was also attracted to the idea of working at Kent, because it is the UK’s European University. I have a French degree and a love of all things French. I consider myself to be European and am looking forward to exploring the international aspects of my role’.

The previous School Administration Manager, Angela Doe will be retiring from the University of Kent in August.