Dan, Dan, Marathon Man!

dan clark running

Student Experience Manager, Daniel Clark will be running the Asics Greater Manchester Marathon on Sunday 2 April. He is running in aid of two charities that have a special meaning for him and his family; The Christie Hospital in Manchester and Macmillan Cancer Support.

Dan said: ‘The Christie is one of the world’s leading cancer treatment and research centres and, it’s where my dad has received treatment for non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. My dad was diagnosed with NHL in 1996 and 21 years later he continues to live a happy and healthy life, all thanks to the Christie.  The care, compassion, professionalism and expertise of those that work at the Christie are things that my family and I will be eternally grateful for.’

Dans fundraising will also go towards Macmillan Cancer Support, which has provided care during his father-in-law’s leukaemia treatment.

This will be Dan’s third marathon, having previously run the London and Bournemouth marathons in 2015. ‘I try to do something every couple of years. Logistically it is a big thing to build up to and I don’t think I could face losing my toenails every year!’

If you would like to sponsor Dan, please visit his fundraising page.