“My Feral Heart” – Film

Feed URL: https://blogs.kent.ac.uk/tizard-news-events/2016/12/06/my-feral-heart-film/feed/?withoutcomments=1

A quick reminder to you all that ‘My feral heart” is showing this Saturday (10 Dec) at 15:00 hrs in the Gulbenkian cinema.

A sudden bereavement throws Luke, a fiercely independent young man with Down’s syndrome, into a daunting new environment where he finds unexpected support from his feisty, streetwise carer and a local heir dealing with his own demons. As friendships bloom and long-buried secrets are revealed, Luke verges dangerously close to disaster. My Feral Heart is a beautifully realised, understated character study bolstered by strong performances, distinctive cinematography and a deeply evocative score.

15:00 – Screening of My Feral Heart preceded by an introduction from Square Pegs Drama Club and a screening of their Christmas music video.

16:40 approx – Post-show discussion and Q&A with Nick Gore, Tizard Centre, Square Pegs Drama Club, ConfiDance and the film Producer

17:30 – Accessible Film Club research/consultation in the café – all welcome (this is facilitated by Gulbenkian and the plan is to launch an accessible film club in the new year, so we’re giving people the opportunity to provide their input)

If you want to read more details or to book tickets in advance go to the Gulbenkian web page.

This entry was posted in Tizard, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.