Prestigious Teaching Awards

Feed URL: https://blogs.kent.ac.uk/tizard-news-events/2015/05/19/prestigious-teaching-awards/feed/?withoutcomments=1

We are delighted to announce that Tony Osgood and Jill Bradshaw have  both won Kent Union Teaching Awards voted by the students themselves; the ultimate accolade in teaching. Students nominate and then vote on those who they feel have excelled in their roles.

Tony Osgood
Tony is an outstanding tutor, he explains theory and social policy in a manner that is both interesting and real, giving examples from his own experience for clarity.  His feedback is generous and to the point and he values what the students bring to also enrich the learning process.  Tony adds a humorous twist to his teaching that keeps students alert.  He is an all round asset.”

Jill Bradshaw
Jill is always on hand inside and outside of the University.  As a blended learner, I feel she is always there for support.  Even if she is not your assigned tutor she will give support and advice.  I don’t think I could do my degree without her”

She works tirelessly: marking, answering emails, posting useful and interesting links on the Tizard facebook group and Twitter. She is very modest and all thanks are deflected with the phrase ‘I am just doing my job’ but she goes far beyond the call of duty and as a result improves our academic (and related psychological) well-being.”

This entry was posted in Tizard, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.