The 2015 Jim Mansell Memorial Lecture was held on Friday 20th March with Viv Cooper, OBE, Chief Executive Officer of the Challenging Behaviour Foundation giving the talk “People with learning disabilities whose behaviour challenges”. The talk proved particularly popular with around 155 people attending.
1. Best UG IDD mark awarded to Janice Newby
2. Best Masters mark awarded to Clare Baker
3. Prize for outstanding work and effort awarded to Rebecca Packham
4. Best mark in a Tizard final year module awarded to Emma Richards (studying Mental Health wild module) Emma was unable to attend the ceremony as she is currently studying in Germany.
5. Edward Newell Prize 2015 awarded to Jenny Compton
A short drinks reception was followed by a formal dinner for 100 of the guests attending. The evening proved to be particularly successful with Kent Hospitality proving a delicious meal and Ben Breen, UG student at the University of Kent, playing the piano during the evening.