Joy Varghese

MBA 2023, UK

Joy Varghese

Results-driven and analytical professional with a solid foundation in engineering and business and a proven track record of strategic planning, project management, and team leadership.

Top achievements

1. Collaborated with cross-functional teams to streamline processes and improve operational efficiency within the department.
  2. Prepared and delivered presentations to senior management on key findings and recommendations.
  3. Developed project plans, timelines, and budgets, ensuring alignment with organisational goals and objectives.

What attracted you to the MBA programme at Kent Business School and why?

Kent Business School stood out due to its reputation for academic excellence, innovative curriculum, and strong network of alumni and industry connections.

What are your motivations for undertaking an MBA

I want to improve my leadership and management skills to venture outside my comfort zone. Also, I want to understand how the business world works and interacts, to ensure I am equipped and adaptable for the professional progression in the business environment.

What are your future aspirations?

I aim to secure a leadership position in a dynamic organisation where I can apply strategic thinking, effective decision-making, and strong interpersonal skills to drive business growth and innovation.

What is your best advice for those wanting to progress in business?

Invest time in building and nurturing relationships with colleagues, mentors, industry peers, and clients. Networking not only opens doors to new opportunities but also provides valuable insights and support throughout your career journey.

“Be the change you wish to see in the world by empowering individuals through the creation of sustainable livelihoods.”

– Mahatma Gandhi