Shreyan Biswas

MBA 2023, India

Shreyan Biswas

A fashion merchandiser by profession, I’ve completed my graduation in fashion design from NIFT, one of the India’s pioneering institutes in the fashion industry. I’ve weathered myself with fashion knowledge alongside retail business understanding over almost a decade. Now I’m on the journey of spreading my wings of knowledge into the international business arena with a greater managerial knowledge and skillsets from this acclaimed institute, before entering into a greater circle of expertise on a professional and personal level.

Top achievements

1. Successfully handled fashion merchandising, display planning, organising, digital marketing, and budgeting for ten business units over almost four and a half years without proper handholding from a senior level. During this timem I achieved business goals on economic parameters without compromising display standards in the fashion and retail industry back in India (Aditya Birla Fashion Retail Limited).
  2. Handled a successful and rather new conceptual campaign of ‘Pop-Up Sales’ during the pandemic in 2020 and 2021, in multiple remote locations continuing functional brick-and-mortar stores with the former organisations. We generated a handsome amount of profit from these setups and got personal praise from senior managerial level.
  3. In my last organisation, i.e. Max Fashion, Landmark Group, during my very short period of time (only 5.5 months), I opened two new business units and led a major fashion revamp of a business unit, achieving economic success in all of them handling a big members’ team comprising of at least 50 individuals.

What attracted you to the MBA programme at Kent Business School and why?

KBS’s triple accreditation status, multi-national student mix and diverse academic achievements in terms of programmes, faculties, etc.

What are your motivations for undertaking an MBA

I was working in a managerial role in my previous organisations, however I did not feel justified in my role, as the knowledge I was applying was mostly gained from personal experiences and thereby lacking theoretical proofs. Also, I wanted to improve my potential as a successful manager cum leader on an international market, and grow on a professional and personal level.

What are your future aspirations?

I want to see me as a successful leader in an international acclaimed organisation, specially focused towards design, creativity, new ideas, sustainability – and I believe in offering a better world to live in for their consumers as well as for all mankind.

What is your best advice for those wanting to progress in business?

Believe in oneself without underestimating self-worth and value to make the world a better place to live.

“You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”

– A A Milne, author and poet