Eliz Belgin Ali

MBA 2023, Bulgaria/Turkey

Eliz Ali

Combining curiosity, precision, and a pursuit of excellence, my academic journey has run in parallel with part-time employment. As a Chemistry undergraduate at Yildiz Technical University (2009-2014), I spearheaded social responsibility projects through the Quality and Productivity Club, refining my interpersonal skills at student events.

Progressing to a cosmetic company as a chemist, I eventually assumed roles in R&D and production coordination. Transitioning to a new direction as a production coordinator, while employed in machine manufacturing, I concurrently pursued a Materials Metallurgy Engineering degree (2019-2023) at Yildiz Technical University. I facilitated system integration, formulated organisational charts, and held responsibilities in production coordination and HR.

Top achievements

1. Generating innovative solutions in the production line.
  2. Integrating practical production with systems like SAP and ERP.
  3. Team management, project management and planning.

What attracted you to the MBA programme at Kent Business School and why?

I discovered the KBS MBA programme through research on UK MBA opportunities, and its reputation and commitment to gender diversity stood out. I was also drawn to it because of its commitment to promoting women in leadership.

What are your motivations for undertaking an MBA

My motivations for undertaking an MBA include enhancing my management skills, expanding my professional network, engaging with global executives, positioning myself for roles in global companies, and improving my overall quality of life.

What are your future aspirations?

My future goals after completing my MBA are either to work as a manager in a global company or to start my own business.

What is your best advice for those wanting to progress in business?

For those aiming to advance in business, my best advice is to never stop learning and adapting. Stay curious, seek out opportunities to gain new skills and knowledge, build a strong professional network, and always be open to innovation and change. Additionally, effective communication, resilience in the face of challenges, and a commitment to ethical business practices are essential attributes for success in the business world.

“I know that I know nothing.”

– Plato