Zhijun (Krystal) Ye

MBA 2023, China

Krystal Ye

I graduated from Swiss Management School and majored in International Hospitality management. I am a Libra, so my personality is kind and sociable. My first job was as a Sales Coordinator in Sofitel GZ and from there I went on to become a Sales Manager in FS. In 2019, I joined the RW pre-opening team to be one of the homesteaders. In 2022, I joined CBRE, a business real state consulting company. In my career journey of more than six years, I have accumulated marketing and management experience.

Some of my accomplishments include establishing over 300 corporate customers and at least 500 productive contacts for Rosewood Guangzhou, securing cooperation agreements with the top 500 international companies, and winning numerous team businesses during exhibitions.

Currently, I serve as the Account Manager of the sales department, Guangzhou Branch, CBRE, where I provide professional services according to customer requirements and market trends, which has won me the trust of my customers. In terms of management, supervising specific projects, making the department a cohesive team, and setting business goals for the department, I have exercised my business planning and administration skills. In my spare time, I go to gym or join in fitness classes.

Top achievements

1. Being awarded Champion of the Rosewood Group and completing my own personal goal ranking of being number 1 in the Asia Pacific region.
  2. Achieving 155% of my annual personal goal and winning the First Quarter Top Sales Award of 2019 (global ranking) for the Four Seasons Hotel Group.
  3. Holding certificates for Professional Stott Pilates Trainer and Luxury Goods Appraiser.

What attracted you to the MBA programme at Kent Business School and why?

The campus is surrounded by beautiful woodlands and overlooks the charming city of Canterbury. We have excellent transport links on campus or I can stroll into town on foot. And also it is not far from London. The teaching quality and colleague reputation is another important reason, particularly in marketing, business and management, and business and economics.

What are your motivations for undertaking an MBA

Over the years, I have realised that the hotel industry still uses old concepts and patterns of business models, which are not suitable for the modern world. This inspired me to bring a change to this situation.

What are your future aspirations?

My desire is to innovate hotel business and management models, coupled with my management talent, which motivated me to further explore business administration.

Enrolling in the Master of Business Administration (MBA) programme at the University of Kent will provide me with an extensive perspective on the knowledge and skills required to become an exemplary business leader. I can bring new management concepts and create business models when I throw myself into the hotel industry. The hotel will be able maximise its income by new tools, rather than the old channel.

What is your best advice for those wanting to progress in business?

Regulators and investors need a better grasp of such flows to pre-empt problems. Constantly broaden your own social network. Gain more value information and reduce the information gap. Personal brand is more important than product.

“Life the most heavy burden is not working, but boring.”

– Romain Rolland