Thet Htar Nyein

MBA 2023, Myanmar

Thet Htar Nyein

Passionate, prevailing, results-driven and highly perceptive professional with a strong background in business development, sales, and marketing, I have had the privilege of working in diverse sectors such as medical equipment distribution, healthcare management, government tenders, cosmetics, and luxury stationery, for more than six years.

Along the way, I have gained invaluable experience in running trading, wholesale, and retail businesses, and discovered my passion for business development. Throughout this experience, I honed my skills in business development, ultimately leading me to my current role as the director of a renowned Aesthetic and Plastic Surgery Centre in Myanmar.

Top achievements

1. Facilitated the donation of a Radiotherapy Machine from India to Myanmar Radiotherapy Cancer Centre – I was authorised to oversee this project and prepared a donation proposal to the Vice President of The Union of Myanmar.
  2. Established the First Fountain Pen Store in Myanmar as a SME start-up and stood tall with a strong and loyal customer base.
  3. Boosted the company revenue by 50% during the first few months of employment and achieved the highest sales revenue and net profit for the company since establishment.

What attracted you to the MBA programme at Kent Business School and why?

The KBA MBA programme has significant modules such as the MBA Challenge and International Consultancy Week. Last, but not least, the University of Kent values diversity and I do believe this will be the right place for me.

What are your motivations for undertaking an MBA

Throughout my career, experiential learning has been my compass, guiding me towards success. However, I’ve reached a pivotal point where it’s crucial to expand my horizons and elevate my knowledge through academic education. Combining real-world know-how with theoretical expertise will empower me to reach new heights and take my career to the next level.

What are your future aspirations?

As a passionate individual, my future aspiration is to become a true leader of a business organisation that not only succeeds financially but also makes a profound positive impact on the community. By creating employment opportunities for individuals, I aim to contribute to the growth and development of our society.

What is your best advice for those wanting to progress in business?

Authenticity, honesty, and creativity can pave the way for long-term success in business. Never underestimate the power of continuous learning and self-improvement in this ever-evolving marketplace. Keep innovating and upgrading yourself to unlock your true potential.

“The best way to predict the future is to create it.”

– Peter Drucker