Himabindu Borra

MBA 2023, India

Himabindu Borra

With seven years’ experience as a Human Resources Manager, I’ve skillfully managed diverse teams and improved business operations. My growth strategies and international work in Australia, the USA, and India have deepened my understanding of business expansion. This background makes me keen to expand my knowledge through an MBA. Committed to data-driven decisions and fostering team collaboration, I aim to further understand global business and innovate in future roles, whether in entrepreneurship or leading at multinational firms.

Top achievements

1. Implemented an efficient onboarding system that reduced new employee ramp-up time by 45%, ensuring faster integration into teams and quicker productivity outputs.
  2. Initiated a health and well-being programme for staff, resulting in a 15% decrease in absences and a notable improvement in team spirit and efficiency.
  3. Ensured 100% compliance with labour laws and regulations, effectively mitigating potential risks and protecting the company from potential litigation.

What attracted you to the MBA programme at Kent Business School and why?

The KBS MBA programme is distinguished by its exceptional combination of in-depth academic education and hands-on business knowledge. With a renowned track record of nurturing innovation and entrepreneurship, coupled with a robust alumni community and deep ties to the industry, it emerged as the perfect choice for me.

What are your motivations for undertaking an MBA

Throughout my career, I valued strategic thinking for business growth. Opting for an MBA aimed to expand my business and financial knowledge. Being around varied professionals, learning from them, and building a collaborative network excited me. I saw the MBA as a stepping stone to a more pivotal role, preparing me for leadership and ensuring I could significantly influence the business landscape.

What are your future aspirations?

After my MBA, I aim to secure leadership roles in a major company, using my improved abilities to foster innovation and steady growth. I’m especially excited about diving into digital transformation to help businesses work better with technology.

What is your best advice for those wanting to progress in business?

Continuous learning, determination, and networking are essential for growth in the business world. These elements not only help you succeed but also allow you to operate on your own terms, enjoying the benefits that come with it.

“All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.”