Jedsadarak Loylom

Thailand, 2023

Jedsadarak Loylom

I was born and grew up in Chiangmai, the northern province of Thailand. I completed a Bachelor of Architecture degree at Chiangmai University. After graduating, I decided to work in a restaurant in Chiangmai for six months. I wanted to know about how a restaurant operates and practise a cooking skill, because I am passionate about being a restaurant owner. After that I moved to Bangkok, to find a job as an architect. I learned a lot about design processing and construction management. My current job is as an outsourced architect designer for real estate development companies, but I feel I lack knowledge in parts of the business such as financial and marketing.

Top achievements

1. Becoming an owner of an architectural design company.
  2. Becoming an owner of a restaurant/hospitality business.
  3. Working on project management at a real estate development company.

What attracted you to the MBA programme at Kent Business School and why?

Kent Business School is a triple-accredited business school and Canterbury is a nice environment to live in. The staff on the MBA are always supportive and I have was impressed right from my interview with Debbie Kemp.

What are your motivations for undertaking an MBA

The experiences in working for four years as architect. You need to understand business in order to run a company – and I never had a class in business when I studied at undergraduate level. Thus I decided to study for an MBA to give me a new perspective in my career.

What are your future aspirations?

I hope to find a job in an international company, where I can use my ability in architectural design and believe the MBA will help to make it happen.

What is your best advice for those wanting to progress in business?

You should get to know the world trends and your business ability. Significantly, you should never stop learning.

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”

– Albert Einstein