Jack Morgan

MBA 2023, UK

Jack Morgan

Professional businessperson with a creative and multi-cultural background that includes living in England, Argentina, India, Canada, and Brazil. As a property developer and senior project manager, I am currently leading the transformation of a listed historical building into multiple residential units and a commercial office. With over nine years of experience as a senior manager and a background in architecture, I have developed expertise in project management, construction, and design.

Top achievements

• Physically building and restoring a listed bank into three residences and a commercial unit
  • Transforming a failing NEA business start-up contract into the best performing nationally
  • Selling a Business English school I founded and ran in Brazil

What attracted you to the MBA programme at Kent Business School and why?

Having studied Architecture at the University of Kent, I was aware of the quality of the teaching. My father also completed his MBA at Kent Business School and was able to tell me about his experience. The main attraction was the quality of the course, the subjects, the facilities, and the location which is close to my work.

What are your motivations for undertaking an MBA

To grow and learn, to be become a better business leader. To learn tools and ways of helping me manage in a more successful way.

What are your future aspirations?

I would like to take Morton Brown to new successes, be more strategic in our future plans, and grow as a company. Beyond that I feel an MBA would help me grow professionally if I were to pursue new career paths, especially internationally.

What is your best advice for those wanting to progress in business?

Successful businesses rely on the people and teams that make up the company. Make sure you listen to everyone and take on board their input. You are only as good as your workforce.

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.”

– Theodore Roosevelt