Sarah Alobaid

MBA student Sarah Alobaid

MBA 2022, Kuwait

“An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” Benjamin Franklin

After my graduation I worked in the banking sector. Then I resigned and went to Naples, Italy to learn the authentic way of baking Napoletana pizza. In 2017, I established my pizzeria in Kuwait but, due to the pandemic in 2020, I shut down my business and went back to the banking sector. My goal has been to get my Master’s since 2012 but I didn’t have the opportunity. Because of my pain after shutting down my business which I built from scratch, it pushed me further to try a new path of getting my Master’s degree. I resigned from the bank because it was a very stressful job as a call centre agent during the pandemic period, then I went to the public sector as an accountant and during that period I applied to universities overseas.

Achievements

• Establishing my pizzeria ‘Flame Napolitan Pizza’
  • Being an active member of the Student Union while I was at university
  • Having a scholarship to the biggest investment company in the USA, Boston ‘State Street Corporation’

What attracted you to the MBA programme at Kent Business School and why?

The location because it is close to London. The modules on the programme – the innovation module attracted me the most – and the interview with Debbie. My failure in my business pushed me to complete my education,. I hadn’t reached the satisfaction level in my career path.

Aspiration

I have decided yet but am thinking of doing my PhD part-time, as well as getting a job in the UK.

Advice

Network with people who are in the business field.