Caroline Shelly John

MBA student Caroline Shelly John

MBA 2022, India

“If you believe it’ll work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you don’t believe it’ll work out, you’ll see obstacles.” Wayne Dyer

Since my graduation, I have worked in the retail and telecom side of the IT and consulting industry. As an Engineer, I have enjoyed building and optimising solutions in my projects. Now I wish to explore the business aspects of my field.

In my spare time, I have volunteered with Catch Them Young, a group that works to find the State’s best young talents and provides technical and interpersonal skill training to help them realise their long-term goals. I also enjoy playing sports like Badminton, Swimming, and Volleyball.

Achievements

• Given the opportunity to lead my offshore product team in the 3rd tenure of my professional life
  • Led a major end-to-end migration project with minimal defects and thus achieving 60 person-hours savings per month as a team
  • Recognised for automating the tasks for a Business Acceptance Testing in a small-time frame

What attracted you to the MBA programme at Kent Business School and why?

The MBA Challenge is something unique to Kent and that caught my eye. It is the perfect fusion of real-time exposure to different work settings, exploring the demands of the industries, and focusing on one’s strengths and areas of improvement.

On top of it, earning the MBA from one of the top 1% of business schools with the Triple Crown title couldn’t hold me back.

Over the four years of my professional journey, I have realised one needs to be well-versed in both technical and business concepts to understand the industry in depth. Continuing in the current role won’t be giving me the right exposure and Kent MBA works perfectly to steer me in the right direction.

Aspiration

I hope to advance to leadership roles in the technology and consulting sectors after gaining the required transferable skills to apply in any area of business.

Advice

Ask questions when in doubt, you never know what ideas can emerge in the process.