Aboobacker Siddiq

MBA student Aboobacker Siddiq

MBA 2022, India

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” John Quincy Adams

A dreamer with a vision and genuine thought for positively impacting society, I am General Manager of a marketing and distribution company in UAE with a successful track record. An open-minded individual, highly motivated and energetic to work towards making the future better for myself and the people around me.

Achievements

• Delivered 90% business growth within two years of joining
  • Brought in new partnerships from three different countries
  • Recognised as the best distributor in GCC countries by principal brand

What attracted you to the MBA programme at Kent Business School and why?

I went through the modules and found it very interesting, especially the focus on entrepreneurship, leadership and sustainability. Additionally, the fact that KBS is one among the ‘Triple Accredited’ business schools was a big pull. I’m hoping to gain practical and formal knowledge about various aspects of running a business. Also to improve the quality of my networks, to explore new opportunities and to have fresh perspectives.

Aspiration

Post MBA, I plan to try myself in a management consulting career.

Advice

My advice for anybody who wants to progress in business would be to keep an open- minded approach to new ideas and grab the opportunities. Build great networks along the way.