Leah Elliott

MBA 2022, UK

“I don’t have an MBA, and I didn’t go to Yale. I’m not an academic person and wasn’t a good student. Instead, I’ve been taught by some of the most inspiring people in the world.” Lapo Elkann

My career began aged 18 as a Nursery Nurse, from there I was fortunate enough to get a job within the NHS and have been lucky enough to be provided with continuous personal development opportunities. Today I work as a 8a Sexual Health Programme Manager with responsibility for the operational running of the Kent and Medway Integrated Sexual Health Service.

Achievements

• KCHFT and Sexual Health being rates as an ‘Outstanding’ trust by CQC in 2019
  • My professional development Journey within KCHFT, starting in 2002 as a Band 4 Health Visiting Assistant and progressing to a Band 8a Sexual Health Programme Manager
  • The transformation of sexual health during the covid-19 pandemic, so we could continue offering an ‘outstanding’ service to those who needed it

What attracted you to the MBA programme at Kent Business School and why?

The MBA course covers a lot of the areas that I require development in. I want to progress my career further.

Aspiration

I am hoping the course gives me some clarity as to where my career pathway is going.

Advice

Don’t be afraid to fail, as failure is a learning opportunity for improvement.