Sue Smith

MBA Student Sue Smith

MBA 2022, UK

“On the other side of fear is freedom.”

I am a South African trained physiotherapist who currently works part-time as a Team Lead in the Kent and Medway Mental Health Trust and part-time in my private practice in Herne Bay. I have lived in the UK for the past 17 and ½ years and am a proud single mum of three beautiful (I’m obviously biased ) children. I am so excited and grateful for the opportunity of embarking on my MBA adventure.

Achievements

• Developing and maintaining a physiotherapy service within the challenging mental health environment, where recruitment and retention is difficult
  • Having a poster of the results of the positive results of a male incontinence post prostatectomy Pilates class I formulated and ran presented at a physiotherapy conference
  • Establishing a comprehensive women’s health service in a hospital where there was only a skeleton service

What attracted you to the MBA programme at Kent Business School and why?

Initially the broad range of topics covered in the course, but mostly after the conversation with Debbie [Kemp] who had such a positive and welcoming approach to recruitment. I want to educate myself in leadership and business to a point where I have the confidence to apply for higher managerial positions or branch out completely.

Aspiration

To move out of the healthcare sector.

Advice

Invest in yourself and your journey.