Stephanie Cooper

MBA Student Stephanie Cooper

MBA 2022, UK

“A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go but ought to be.” Rosalynn Carter

I am a children’s trained nurse who has gone on to train as a Specialist Community Public Health Nurse. I have worked within School Health for 19 years continuing to develop throughout that time, gathering qualifications as I went. I am now the Clinical Manager and drive the service forward. I love that I started as a Band 5 nurse and am now leading.

I have six children and two foster children. I am incredibly proud of everyone of them! We love being outdoors either on the beach or walking across the beautiful local countryside.

Achievements

• Commencing my nurse training 28 years ago
  • Leading an ‘Outstanding’ service when rated via our We Care visit – internal CQC
  • Making a difference to the lives of children and young people

What attracted you to the MBA programme at Kent Business School and why?

I was excited by the idea of learning and developing with people from outside the NHS and being able to see how different areas of business work. I want to challenge myself to be the best that I can be.

Aspiration

For the world to be my oyster!

Advice

Grab every opportunity with two hands – you never know when it will come up again.