Pinar Sancakli

MBA Student Pinar Sancakli

MBA 2022, Turkey

“Don’t be afraid to dream and don’t stop educating yourself while you are dreaming.”

I believe that setting goals for myself is an ultimate part of my life. I always set my targets with milestones attached clearly, to make myself sure not to be affected by disturbances in the way to those targets. In every time interval of my life, I have different goals. For instance, from the beginning of my undergraduate education I started to set career goals for my business life. My career goals started to constitutes almost all of my central focus. Although I have a result-oriented nature I know that experience that I have in progress will help me to reach the point that I dream of. I always diversify my career goals depending on their terms. By diversifying goals into terms, I take advantage to enhance my motivation level also in the middle terms.

Achievements

• Managing a team of 10 people
  • Being the manager of the project for the implementation of 10,000 new housing units in Minsk, Belarus
  • Following up the planning and production stage of the project in the King Fisher’s annual tenders

What attracted you to the MBA programme at Kent Business School and why?

I was very impressed by the support in career planning, especially after the programme, and seeing that the modules in the programme can be adapted to real business life very easily. I feel that I can gain new skills in both Marketing and also on Project management. After doing my MBA degree, I can use my global management skills that I will learn in MBA education and combine these skills with the ones that I gained and experienced in ADO GROUP Company and the previous companies.

Aspiration

I am planning to start my own business on developing tissue culture applications in the field of agriculture, which I believe will be one of leading sectors as the world caresses a potential risk of food shortage and combine it with what I learned in the accounting and financial management and marketing management courses in MBA. Or I think that I will be able to provide consultancy to people dealing with agriculture about marketing strategies and finance.

Advice

To join the MBA programme if you have ideas about starting your own business or want to advance your position.