Olakunle Keshinro

MBA Student Olakunle Keshinro

MBA 2022, Nigeria

“Learning and innovation go hand in hand. The arrogance of success is to think that what you did yesterday will be sufficient for tomorrow.” William Pollard

I am an effective communicator with strong negotiation skills, relationship building and a keen eye for detail. My career spans across sales, supply chain, customer acquisition and retention, with over a decade of experience working with and leading high performing teams to meet and exceed company goals.

I am lover of sports, arts, public speaking, and volunteering.

Achievements

Stanbic IBTC Beyond Excellence Award for excellence in sales, service, teamwork, leadership, innovation and managing risk. It was a recognition for distinguishing myself as an exceptional performer by contributing significantly to the amazing successes of the departments I worked in and the entire company. This feat was achieved in 2014, 2017 and 2022 in different roles.

Volunteering: Coordinator of the annual music and sports festivals (AmuwoGames and Battle of the Sounds) that I jointly oversee with my friends. The basic goals are to identify young talents within the Amuwo Odofin neighbourhood (in Lagos, Nigeria) and promote them via the support of the local Government, relevant private and Government agencies. The events have enjoyed the support and partnerships of the local Government, local celebrities, international athletes, Nigerian media outlets, and major brands. These have had over 2,500 youth participation.

What attracted you to the MBA programme at Kent Business School and why?

Positive testimonials from existing and past students. The School’s high rating amongst its peers. I also particularly appreciated the swift, yet simple international student application process. Debbie [Kemp] was a strong ‘factor’ as well. Her impeccable customer centricity could not be ignored. She ‘sold’ the school excellently well to me, and I had no choice than to accept the offer! I want to have a broader (international) view of leadership and business management. I also want to build a wide ecosystem/connection which spans across various sectors and cultures.

Aspiration

To be much more knowledgeable particularly in areas of leadership and innovation, and by extension contribute significantly to the sustainable development goals (SDGs) in transforming the world.

Advice

To have a very open mind to change and innovation. I believe that the right innovations rule the world. If you want to progress in business, you should embrace change in which ever form it comes. Success in business may be dependent mainly on how quick you respond to change.