Ekene Nwizu

MBA Student Ekene Nwizu

MBA 2022, Nigeria

“The stars will never align; conditions will never be perfect. Start your journey now and correct course as you travel.

Self-driven and motivated professional with an entrepreneurial spirit who takes an ownership approach when making business decisions. I have about 4 years broad-based experience as an analyst, business consultant, and volunteer within start-up and non-profit setting.

My task as an analyst was to conduct evaluation and analysis of the financial and emerging markets. I also helped business developed business plans, determine key performance indicators (KPIs) and coordinate the measurement result. I analysed qualitative and quantitative data to uncover competition and industry information to drive business revenue. I collaborated with line managers to designed analytics system that supports business growth.

For leisure, you’d often find me reading western literature, cycling, and discussing climate change and sustainability.

Achievements

• Headed a cross-functional team of analysts in collaboration with the engineering team to program a software to track top-performing stocks and currencies, resulting in increased productivity
  • As a business consultant, I assisted businesses raise capital from investors – the impact of my work helped mitigate the withering effect of the Covid pandemic
  • Launched a business in 2018 that has grown 6x in profit margins and empowering young entrepreneurs

What attracted you to the MBA programme at Kent Business School and why?

The triple accreditation was (huge) leading factor. The modules covered the knowledge and skills I earmarked to acquire through an MBA. The interview with the MBA director was the deciding factor. Easiest (and best) choice I made. Coming from a non-business (academic) background, pursuing an MBA was the fastest way for me to up-skill and acquire all the relevant knowledge and grow my network.

Aspiration

Short term – Secure a senior managerial position at a top financial or consultancy firm.
Mid-term – Found a consultancy firm providing advisory services to the private and public sectors around the world.
Long term – After a long successful career, I intend to follow the growing trend of successful executives who moved into the public sector.

Advice

There is nothing more meaningful than to pursue a life of development and improvement. It is through developing and improving ourselves that we get the most out of life. You must surround yourself with people who will push you to achieve your full potential.