Alfonso Rodriguez

MBA Student Alfonso Rodriguez Jauregui

MBA 2022, Venezuela/UK

“Excelsior” (Ever upward!) My High School motto

I am a strong believer of continuous education. In 2001, I obtained my Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering and worked in the telecommunication industry for 14 years, where I played different roles: wireless engineer, procurement manager and project manager. In 2008 I obtained a Master’s Degree in Engineering Management. During this time, I had to combine my technical skills and develop a new group of knowledge areas.

In 2015 I made the transition into the UK job market, and now I am responsible for the successful delivery of £15million worth of projects and services in the UK rail industry.

Achievements

• Created the PMO organisation in Icomera UK and managed to replicate the success story in the global organisation
  • Formed part of a bidding team who successfully was awarded a $300million project
  • Led (still leading) an organisation transformation project which is making the Service Delivery Department a more efficient department

What attracted you to the MBA programme at Kent Business School and why?

A colleague at work. Plus, I am in favour of and an advocate of continuous improvement.

Aspiration

Learn from my cohorts’ experiences in their fields and be able to share mine with them.

Advice

Continuous improvement should never stop.